Senior Leadership Team Contribution
- With support from Country Director, contribute to planning and leading MSIE Strategic Review and Planning process;
- Contribute to the development of short- and long-range organisational objectives as well as assessing progress towards objectives and programmatic effectiveness;
- Ensure that all policies, systems and standard operating procedures, donor compliances are followed in the process of program planning, procurement and implementation.
- Develop realistic plans with all departments to minimize risk and maximize effective response;
- Proactively identify program implementation related risks, highlight these to the Senior leadership Team and put in place risk mitigation measures for smooth program implementation;
- Participate actively in MSIE Project Working Groups and provide inputs for effective and harmonize project implementation process at all levels;
- Ensures close institutional relationship is maintained and strengthened with the government, donor organizations representatives, development partners and private sector stakeholders at all levels; and
- Ensures the cross-channel collaboration is cherished whereby all services are delivered consistently.
Field Implementation and Strategy
- The Deputy Country Director -Programmes will have a director reports; Outreach/Public-Sector Support Director, Program Development and Grant Management Director, Program Coordinator, Donor Project Manager/Director, and Area Program Managers. The Deputy Country Director will support these roles as they develop and revise strategies;
- The Deputy Country Director -Programmes will also have the Area Program Managers (based in the field) reports. The Deputy Country Director will support these managers to adapt strategies to their context, engage with local stakeholders and deal with on-the-ground obstacles and challenges;
- Support collaboration with Eastern and Southern Africa (ESA)regional office and UK-based support office including donor teams, channel leads to ensure open channels of communication;
- Ensure the Country Director is informed about activities and challenges and proactively advise the country program on innovations and improvements; and
- Coordinate the strategy with the implementation, including budget and other resources.
- Conduct regular review of progress against targets
- Identify opportunities for new program development and improving performance
- Adapt and implement MSI Success Models
- Ensure donor compliance for all projects, with support of Director of Donor Projects
- Manage monthly and quarterly burn rates and field budget allocation with support of Donor Projects and Finance teams.
- Government relations; including representation at meetings, ensuring compliance of programmatic activities, biannual and annual programmatic reports and evaluations to government bodies and preparing and signing project agreements.
- Collaboration with finance, procurement, HR and commercial services to ensure seamless implementation of MSIE activities.
Team Management and Development
- Coach and mentor high level team who reports to this position;
- Ensure team working and knowledge sharing are facilitated;
- Ensures all team members in the department are developed, motivated and engaged so as to continuously improve work performances; and
- Ensure proper OGSMs are developed commensurate with the department’s annual objectives and timely performance appraisals are conducted for the team members working in the department.
- Resolve bottlenecks and ensure departments work together for a common goal.
MBA/MSc/MPH/ in Business Management, Public Health or related disciplines
At least Ten years of relevant experience
Skills, Attitudes and Attributes
- Knowledge of various donors’ rules and regulations;
- Strong knowledge of SRH services;
- Excellent commend of written and spoken English is essential;
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- High level of interpersonal communication & negotiation skills;
- Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines;
- Understanding of the issues surrounding provision of reproductive health care services internationally understanding major policies/issues of large bilateral/multilateral donors;
- Strong working knowledge of business practices;
- Leadership skills – demonstrated ability to build and lead effective teams;
- Advanced analytical and organizational skills;
- Proven strategic planning skills;
- Inspirational and persuasive;
- Collaborative approach to team working;
- Strong personal commitment to the goals of MSI and to put it into practice;
Number of Position: (01)
Duty Station: MSIE Support Office, Addis Ababa
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: As per MSIE Salary Scale
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Human Resources, Marie Stopes International Ethiopia
Through the following e-mail address: HumanResource@mariestopes.org.et
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and work place you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSIE STRONGLY ENCOURAGES FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!